Rides in Hermanus?

Skoffels

I'm going to be in Hermanus from around the 15 Dec - 15 Jan. Does anyone know of any group rides that take place at this time? I'd love to put in some long hours for base training, and doing it alone would be painstakingly boring! ;)

Skoffels2009-12-09 03:41:38

There is a road group riding from the traffic circle near Fernkloof every morning (I think at 6 am - not sure) , as well as seperate road and MTB groups leaving at 6 am from the Engen service station at the Sandbaai intersection every morning for the duration of the holidays.

If you ride MTB, pm me and I can show you around. 

There are 2 groups that I know of. One (road) leaves from the traffic circle at the caltex garage in Voelklip at 6am every morning (it's not an official club or anything, just over the years it has sort of become a convention for cyclists on holiday there).

The other one is the Hermanus cycle club I think (road & mtb), they leave from the engen garage on the way to Onrus (just opposite hemel-en-aarde village). Not sure of the days/times though.

I'll also be there with my MTB. I would love to join some of the local groups to get to know the area better. I also need to put in long hours for Epic. 

I am in Hermanus

the mountain group will be leaving 5.30 am from Engen every day december to mid jan.

Road groups are 6 at V\klip circle and 6 engen,

the guys from Engen wait for the v\klip bunch until 6.10 and they go off together,

Be warned this is a d!ck swinging comp.

Slowish for the first 15km and then the sh!t hits the fan.

Good luck if you are on the road.(M.C.Franken,hier kom maatjies vir jou.)

If you are mountain biking,I will try be there every day,but I have to Work aswell,Sorting the Gauteng bikes.

I'm going to be in Hermanus from around the 15 Dec - 15 Jan. Does anyone know of any group rides that take place at this time? I'd love to put in some long hours for base training' date=' and doing it alone would be painstakingly boring! ;)

[/quote']

I think you need base training before riding with the maniacs on the road in Hermanus.

It is always FAST,DAMN FAST.

Maybe the Harry Viljoen group is here again this year,they ride slower.

I'm going to be in Hermanus from around the 15 Dec - 15 Jan. Does anyone know of any group rides that take place at this time? I'd love to put in some long hours for base training' date=' and doing it alone would be painstakingly boring! ;)

[/quote']I think you need base training before riding with the maniacs on the road in Hermanus.It is always FAST,DAMN FAST.Maybe the Harry Viljoen group is here again this year,they ride slower.

Thanks 20niner. I'll attempt riding with the maniacs. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I am in Hermanus
the mountain group will be leaving 5.30 am from Engen every day december to mid jan.
Road groups are 6 at V\klip circle and 6 engen' date='
the guys from Engen wait for the v\klip bunch until 6.10 and they go off together,
Be warned this is a d!ck swinging comp.
Slowish for the first 15km and then the sh!t hits the fan.
Good luck if you are on the road.(M.C.Franken,hier kom maatjies vir jou.)

If you are mountain biking,I will try be there every day,but I have to Work aswell,Sorting the Gauteng bikes.

[/quote']

I'm not sure if Hermanus falls in a different time zone, but there seems to be some confusion re the 5h30 MTB ride time. It seems 6h00 is the time to be at Engen, please tell me if I'm confusing the issue!?
duringd2009-12-24 02:37:23

MTB ride leaves at 6 am from Engen -  we were  5 riders this morning.  The plan is to do a long ride ( 4 - 5 hours) Saturday morning (depending on weather) .