Garmin Forerunner 405 - Input Please

JustAgar

Hi All,

I am considering purchasing a Garmin Forerunner 405 (the one that looks like a bulky watch not the notebook on the wrist) and am justifying my purchase based on the following criteria;

I am a regular MTB ride 3 plus times a week but also do road running (possibly also trail in future).

The 405 seems to offer good basic heart rate as well as the GPS including all of the required metrics for both running and MTB eg: ave speed/ave pace, distance access to the Garmin online facilities etc..

Given the cost of these things my thinking is that the 405 will work well on both MTB and my arm for running and save me having to buy two separate devices one for each activity.

I know that the Edge 705 is probably the best Garmin offering for pure cycling but my thinking is that the 405 will give me the basic info needed in both disciplines perhaps slightly less function as a MTB computer though.

I would be grateful for any reviews from local riders or runners who might have used on of these..?