Discovery Vitality points polar

hagar

Guest Agteros
I registered for SA-active but it's mostly for running races so not much help for us cyclists

I claimed 15000 base fitness points' date=' and the bonus points last year for cycling races... MTB and Road events. All Vitality require is that the results be published on the net... Championchip/Racetec/SpectrumSport solves that problem for you smiley2.gif[/quote']

so where/how do you claim?

Create the event if it does not exists (distances etc) and then provide a link to the result. Add your own results, race numbers etc to that event then. SA-Active charges R135(?) for you to claim points in this way.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Agteros
Discovery are shooting themselves in the foot to have an exclusive relationship with Polar!!

Why/how? Are you NOT going to join Discovery because they do not have some kind of agreement with Garmin?

Agteros do you know much about IT as this is very simple to do and Discovery are just being difficult. Why should I have to buy a Polar to claim the points. To me it is a principle thing and disciminating against me the client. I am loyal Discovery member and the fact is thay do not care. Do you work for Discovery? [/quote']

I never said that it is difficult, but with the standard of coding exhibited by the modern script kiddie coders it might just be... Some of them do not even know what a SQL statement/database is! All they want to do is make 'pretty' web pages.

Obviously you know nothing about the real costs of implementing IT solutions in the corporate world! I am not even taking about the costs of the business agreements before the time!

If you feel that they are discriminating, take them to the HRC, or the concourt and find out if they are really discriminating!

Please let us know how that goes, will you?

Now you are getting personal .... i have implemented many a solution at Discovery and other product providers so I know the cost very well hence my being agro about this ....

Sound like this needs to be killed as you do not know how to debate

personal.. just returning the favour miggies. I am not in the habit of debating arbitrary nonsense just because. You know me not, and neither do you know the extent of my IT knowledge and experience.

The fact is that Discovery elected to go in patnership with Polar so as to encourage their members to lead a more active healthstyle. Sure, Polar might not suite everybody, but I'm still convinced that having Polar in their corner will give them a bigger reach than having Garmin there. It does not make it discrimination if it does not suite you. Also, if you elect and demand that they have to cater for you and your provider, what gives that they'll eventually have to cater for ALL HR data providers... SUUNTO, various IDTs, Powertap, and all kinds of other proprietory standars.

IT solutions are not implemented because they are easy to do. they are implemented to resolve a real business need. This is done all the time by taking the costs (development and support) and possible returns into account. Costs determines the IT solution, not ease of development!

In any way, it all goes into the same 15K base and 15K booster fitness points together with all the other options (Gym/Sa Active/Fitness assessments/Walk4Life etc). I collected my 30K fitness within 2.5 months last year, but what was the point as it only gets tallied at the end of the year to count towards platinum?

Apologies if you felt the remark regarding modern script kiddies was personal, but remember that SQL is easy as it was initially developed as a user query tool! So there is hope yet if you are a front end developer smiley2.gif