Jump to content

CSA registration and prize money


Recommended Posts

In the past, I only registered with CSA for one race, and one reason, to be placed in the front start group in Karoo to Coast.


I'm in the EC and do the odd classic (MTB), but mostly smaller races in the EC. 


Now in 2010, more smaller event organisers are forced to be CSA sanctioned and we have to show lic. cards even at races with less than 150 entrants. They also tell me that I can't receive any prize money if I'm not registered.


So while trying to register I see this:


RACING LICENSE - R300 (per person, per annum) 

This is for riders who want to be eligible for provincial or national selection. And for riders who want to be part of a national or provincial series.

CYCLOSPORT LICENSE (MULTIDISCIPLINARY) - R75 only (per person, per annum)

Entitled to all benefits of Full license, EXCEPT

Cyclosport License holders will NOT be eligible for national or provincial selection, or points in national or provincial series.

Does the above mean that I will still be able to collect prize money if I make it to the podium in smaller races, or bigger races if I take out a cyclo sport lic? Then I'd just not be elegible for Provincial selection or national series points? 


What's the case in a race like Trans Baviaans? This year I had to enter my CSA number when entering. What do I register for if I only do Trans Baviaans as a big race in a year and have a chance to win prize money? The prize diff between the different lic's might not sound much but for me, who don't have sponsors R200 is a lot. 




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Settings My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Help Logout