Garmin bike mount

hagar

many thanks guys i have just placed an order for two at R75 each but i am going to see if i cant get a nice stainless steel one made or change my mounting system a bit !!! will give me something to do Wink

Two years ago I bought a pack of 2 direct from Avnic in Muizenberg for R80:00.

i sent the a email but they did not answer me CryCry sent the email to aunty Louise dont even know if she still works there CryCry

I had the same problem with mounts breaking on my edge 705 and then came up with this solution

Went to local hardware store and bought a roll of this.....

20100224_065031_Bike_Mount_e2.jpg

Plain roll of single sided black foam rubber at around R10 for the roll.

Cut two pieces off stuck them on top of each other and then stuck it underneeth the garmin unit in front of the bracket. Made sure the bracket was not pulled too tight on the cable ties and have never since broken a bracket and have replaced to foam rubber once in a year.

20100224_065507_Bike_Mount_e1.jpg

i just got off the phone with garmin

they have an independant dealer in the cape area

0823820000 - peter

he should be able to help with bike mounts

Peter from GPS Gadgets in Steenberg delivers a great service. My Forerunner 50 broke, since it was still under guarentee I took it to Peter. 4 weeks later he personally delivered a replacement to my office in the city. Thanks Peter! Clap
Nokia4me2010-02-24 07:10:26

felty so the rubber caused friction on the unit which would then prevent it from slipping out ??? damm clever idea that ClapClap

felty so the rubber caused friction on the unit which would then prevent it from slipping out ??? damm clever idea that ClapClap

The unit is mounted from the side but the foam rubber just keeps enough support under the unit so the shock from the road is absorbed in the foam rubber and not the actual mount and therefore placing the mount under unecesarry strain..

i just got off the phone with garmin they have an independant dealer in the cape area 0823820000 - peter he should be able to help with bike mounts

?

Peter from GPS Gadgets in Steenberg?delivers a great service. My Forerunner 50 broke' date=' since it was still under guarentee I took it to Peter. 4 weeks later he personally delivered a?replacement?to?my office in the city. Thanks Peter! Clap
[/quote']

I don't want to burst your bubble, but personally I wouldn't call 4 weeks for a warranty replacement very good service. In fact I would be seriously hacked off that my watch was out of action for 1/12 of its warranty life.