Merida Scultura 905 or Silverback Kansas

andretraut

I am keen on going road bike, and would like to hear opinions from Hubbers on my two choices.

Option 1: Merida Scultura 905 full carbon with Ultegra and Alex Road Aero rims, weight approx 8.6 kg.

Option 2: Silverback Kansas full carbon with Ultegra and Ultegra tubeless rims, weight approx. 7.8 kg.

Can get both bikes for more or less the same special price, which I will rather not mention.

So money is not the real option, more the quality of the bike.  

Your valued expertise in this field will be highly appreciated.   

You mention those bikes weight - maybe go to the shop and actually weigh the bike's weight(same size). results might differ!! 

Quality is fairly good - both bikes.

Also look at the quality of the service at the shop - if they are not from the same shop. Makes a big difference to get good service after the sale!

I would get the Merida as i like that make/brand.

I have the 2010 Merida Scultura 905 and have done 2600km on it since November. I really must take it in for its first service but I never remember because apart from 2 punctures in that time, nothing has ever gone wrong with it.

I like the quality so much I'm replacing my MTB with a Merida in April when their new stock arrives.

Thanks for your opinions, Peter and Chris.

The Silverback seems like a good deal, but my mind is set on the Merida, as I ride a Merida MTB with full XT, hence my interest in Ultegra. Only problem is that I will have to wait a month for the Merida, aposed to an immediate delivery for the SB, but I suppose there is a price for all the good things in life!