PE group rides

Kells10

Hi guys. I'm going to be in PE next weekend. Wanting to join a cycling group over the weekend. I'd like a group that will average 30km/hr pluss. Saturday is probabaly better. Staying in/near Walmer. Please help. Thanks.

Do the Masters & ladies klub race on saturday.

it wil be over 69 km an you can ride in a group that suits your ability.

Saturday there is a groupride from 10th Avenue Walmer at the BP garage or you could do a clubrace as a visitor (see www.masterspe.co.za). The BP ride isnt very long.

There's also a groupride in sunday leaving from Makro at 7h00. The group splits halfway and you could do the longer route which takes you over Maitland (cool scenery).

the club race on saturday is for members only as it's the age group championship.

Conti2010-02-26 02:38:01

Thanks. Well in a female in my 20s. Okay so someone help me here...i cant do the club race then i guess. So where do i go for a decent grp ride?

I have heard a rumour that the makro grp is bad news?

Hi Kelly

Cyclelab have a group that trains on Sunday morning at I think 6h30 from the Walker drive Sasol garage. Normally a small bunch of between 6-12 guys and girls of differing ability. They avergae about 28-30km/h and if anyone drops behind they will wait up. It is a well disciplines bunch and everyone is pleasant.

I can send you his number if you are interested.

The Makro bunch has in the past been deemed a dangerous bunch. Seen many an accident and plenty of silly things from them with my own eyes. They will also not wait for you if you have mechanical or tyre problems and the route they ride will leave you in a not so nice area all on your own.

I would suggest a smaller group. Also give Wayne Phfeffer's shop a call as they also have a small group that rides Sunday and are also a nice bunch of plenty people.

The Makro bunch isn't all bad. Any semi-experienced cyclist can spot a dodgy rider from a mile away. Just avoid those riders.I've been riding with them for 15 years, never had a problem.

And the Sasol group pulls away at 6am, not 6:30.

The Makro bunch isn't all bad. Any semi-experienced cyclist can spot a dodgy rider from a mile away. Just avoid those riders.I've been riding with them for 15 years' date=' never had a problem.

And the Sasol group pulls away at 6am, not 6:30.
[/quote']

oh yes, summer time. 15 years and no incident? You must have been doing the pacing all those years. Big%20smile
The_Break2010-02-26 05:53:53