buy direct or buy from Bike shops

devan

Hi guys and girls... How was the wind at the Argus??? this was my first and I must say flippin hard... I just got back yesterday where i bought a pair of Rudy Projects sunglasses at the expo for R1600 from the ASG stand, this was R800 cheaper than most places that I have seen Rudy Projects sold at... even their Sidi shoes were way cheaper than the prices advertised in the mags or in bike shops... Why would anybody buy from a bike shop when they can buy direct from the importers at almost 25% less at the expo. I know that bike shops still need to make money but R800 bucks is R800 bucks.

Do yourself a favour and watch the hub things go for even less here than what the exporters sell it for CWCYCLES for instance. Best place to shop.

Planet X sa are very good

CWC gives very good service and prices

CRC are in the UK and ship to SA.Prices are very good but CWC may just give you the same deal

Thx for the advice guys... I think the advantage of buying direct from the importer is that you still get the SA warranty... I'd be a bit annoyed if I were a bike shop though.... 

just look at CWC's latest specials, way better to buy at those prices locally than import with all the frustrations.

I've ordered twice from CRC and had no hassles, also bought items from local Cajees and got better price than quoated by CWC, and then i would still have to pay shipping.

CWC had those same glasses fro R1500
Ha ha are you serious? So CWC is sells them for R1500, the Rudy Project importers sell direct for R1600 and bike shops sell for R 2500 +

Same with the lenses for the Rydons, Rudy Project were selling them for R900- 1100 and CWC was selling them for R650..

Guess where I bought.WinkWinkWink

I live in Bloemfontein, there are 4 recognised cycle shops. These shops kill us. An example is a SRAM deraileur  at our shops it costs R 2699.00. The same deraileur at Solomons costs R 1699.00. I mean this is totally ridiculous. A R1000 difference in price, it doesnt help you negotiate with the other shops they all charge the same. This sucks in my opinion.