Scott reflex fx-25

MTBiker

It has dual air chambers that you pump up individually with a shock pump, (sold seperately to the bike). The more you weigh, the harder you pump the shock. There is a weight/pressure table printed on the side of the shock that will tell you where to set it for your weight. It also has a 30 click preload adjustment at the bottom of the shock for you to fine tune the stiffness.

The shock design is unusual i.e. most shocks compress this shock slows down the upward motion. is it as good as a compress shock and as easily maintainable

It's an air shock, so you have opposing positive and negative air chambers that the shock rides on. Slowly the shock loses pressure (like a tire does) over time, so you pump it back up when necessary. I run mine at about 70 percent of the suggested pressure because I like it softer for more bumpy and technical rides. It is a bit different to other shocks, because it opperates almost in reverse, but it seems to work awesome. I've never tried another type of rear shock so I'm not really the best to ask in terms of a comparison, but in my experience I have no complaints.

• 16 years later...

New to this bike, does anyone know hot to fix the problem of my rear shock being open/able to move when I have it locked out? Or is it a simple adding more air to the shock? 

Thanks Lachlan