Mtb Trails - Garden Route

Cycling Addict

Can anyone recommend any trails in and around the Garden Route - I have heard of the Harkerville Red Route, any others that are worth doing? Going to be in Wilderness so would appreciate any tips. Cheers :rolleyes:

Guest eyecandy

O yes, Harkerville is amazing. There's like 5 diff routes there. There's a 55km oyster route in Knysna too, starts just past the Simola golf course. When u going?

Guest eyecandy

U can also get a MTB trails booklet from the cycling shops in Knysna.

Try "Petrus Brand se pad"...great forest cycle...starts at Diepwalle and ends ~24km laster at Garden of Eden - opposite Harkerville traisl...then its desicion time - to continue on to Harkerville ior to go home...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prins Alfred Pass between Uniondale and Knysna.

It's around 90km but a lot of it doesn't count since there's a couple of looooonnnnnngggggg downhills.

There's also a fair amount of streams and pools in which you can escape the heat oh and don't forget to grab a bite of homemade eats at the little shop somewhere in the valley.

Best advise skip the the tar between Uniondale via George to Knysna and get some GOOOOOOD mountain biking in.

There's also a lot of shorter day routes available from Knysna into the Pass.

• 4 weeks later...

I always enjoyed the Homtini MTB route as well. Ride from Buffelsbaai, do the Homtini MTB loop and then gravel roads back.