SLX or XTR Hubs

Caerus

Is it still possible to get 6 bolt Shimano SLX or XT hubs, front & rear. I see CRC still have them, but hoping someone locally may still have old stock. I know that you can get the centre lock hubs, but dont want to go the conversion route(or is it ok)

So Im hoping that somebody could please point me in the right direction with this. :) Or is there a pretty decent alternative for a Rear Hub.(ie not Shimano) Dont wanna spend too much ;)

Thanks

Is it still possible to get 6 bolt Shimano SLX or XT hubs, front & rear. I see CRC still have them, but hoping someone locally may still have old stock. I know that you can get the centre lock hubs, but dont want to go the conversion route(or is it ok)

So Im hoping that somebody could please point me in the right direction with this. :)

Thanks

Hi Crack,

I've got a wheelset centrelock...

XTR rear hub M975

XT front hub M775

Built on Stans ZTR Olypic rims with DT swiss spokes...

I have the centrelock rotors(optional extra) and lockrings also available should you need them?

Let me know?

Interrrested ?....give me a shout? drop me a PM?

Hi Crack,

I've got a wheelset centrelock...

XTR rear hub M975

XT front hub M775

Built on Stans ZTR Olypic rims with DT swiss spokes...

I have the centrelock rotors(optional extra) and lockrings also available should you need them?

Let me know?

Interrrested ?....give me a shout? drop me a PM?

Mmmm so very tempting :( , but unfortunatly just looking for a rear hub at the moment. Its for my wife bike, dont want to get to carried away just yet(havent finished doing up my hardtail yet, and only bought this bike on Sat for her)

Crack I would worry about things that will actually show an improvement on the bike like going tubless with a decent set of tyres. Hubs (my opinion) are a dime a dozen. The perfromance and weight gain is minimal.

Crack I would worry about things that will actually show an improvement on the bike like going tubless with a decent set of tyres. Hubs (my opinion) are a dime a dozen. The perfromance and weight gain is minimal.

Thats why Im going old school XT hubs - they are only R400 on CRC(but hoping I can get something locally rather) as opposed to most decent Rear hubs being over a grand, Ill be converting this wheelset to tubeless as soon as I have a hub to put into it ;) No rear hub No go, tubeless or not. Its not about weight saving at this stage.

This is what Ive found on CRC: -Shimano XT Disc Hub Rear M756 32h Black 6-Bolt

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3987

I was also under the impression that Shimano are dropping their 6 bolt XT range. The odds that all of the big three worldwide on-line retailers ( CRC, Wiggle, Jensen) running out of stock for a month or two simultaneously just seems unlikely. Patience was a virtue and CRC did get in ( for about a day, then they ran out again), they must have just gotten another shipment in.

So if you think XT 6 bolt is the way to go, stock up now...

I was also under the impression that Shimano are dropping their 6 bolt XT range. The odds that all of the big three worldwide on-line retailers ( CRC, Wiggle, Jensen) running out of stock for a month or two simultaneously just seems unlikely. Patience was a virtue and CRC did get in ( for about a day, then they ran out again), they must have just gotten another shipment in.

So if you think XT 6 bolt is the way to go, stock up now...

As far as I know they have, Im just looking for old stock, which they do have at CRC at the moment. Not sure for how long. Its for a wheel build for my wifes bike, I dont want too spend to much. They are going for R400.

Im not sure if its the way to go, but all parts that I have from my upgrades are all 6 bolt, so makes sense to keep everything 6 bolt.