Eating before training Weekdays and Saturdays

Weekday short rides: a slice of toast (yes, with butter and jam!) before I head out.

My weekday rides are around 90 minutes. Now that winter is passed and I am riding regularly again, some fitness is returning, so I have ditched jungle juice for these rides and just take water along.

Weekend rides: For me these are usually around 3 hours, sometimes slightly longer. Again, a single slice of toast before I head out, and a glass of water to ensure that I start out properly hydrated.

On the ride I drink USN Cytomax, and eat a banana at the halfway point, or perhaps a bit later.

My weekend rides are on Sundays but I would expect the same feeding strategy to work for Saturday.

After the ride I meat my family for brekkie...black coffee and a muffin, or a croissant with jam. Yeah baby!

Weekday morning rides- road - (just over an hour) I eat nothing before and just have a cup of Rooibos tea with a sweetner (I am trying to lose weight ...). Take no water nothing along. Have a small bowl of All Bran the fruit one with a small yoghurt after my shower when I get back.

Saturday - MTB - (long one 4-5hrs) I have the Rooibos with sweetner and the All Bran with Yoghurt before I go. Take 2 bananas and 2 liters of water with. Works fine!

Sunday - MTB - (shorter 2-2.5 hours but 'quick') same as above but only 1 banana and a small and big water bottle.

Racing breakfast the same but very different stuff on the ride ;-) and no it's not Spanish steak!

since I am doing all that hard work cycling I might as well eat anything out there while I am doing it. hopefully most of it burns off, Found that most people eat almost nothing before or during, and then they pig out afterwards which apparently is bad.

And I am only allowed to have beer if i had a decent ride... is good motivation.

Went out with some mates to Jonkers and boy oh boy this glandular fever can mess one up, its not that i feel bad, its just that I have no strength or stamina, besides the singletrack it was torture. And i skipped my steers, that might be part of why i sucked so bad today.

Eish, maybe you should have had the Steers, maybe a Kauai rather?:P