Cyclejunkies, Sabie, Mpumalanga

NielC

Hey guys

I was in Sabie this past weekend with mates and want to say thanks to Manus and the guys from "Cyclejunkies" up there for good service. We got there late Friday afternoon and stopped at their shop to find out about the routes around there. Manus was very helpful and him and I went on a nightride through the forests. Not only was he exceptionally easy to get along with but gave me some good tips and tricks for cycling.

I got a bad puncture and he helped me patiently to try fix it, which didn't work and his colleagues from the shop gave me a lift to the lodge.

On Saturday morning he helped me to fix my pedals, set my shocks, and tune my derailleur - FOR FREE!

Thanks guys, you are passionate about cycling and people!

Niel

Good to see that there are still some decent small-town operators out there that's doing it for the love of mountainbiking, rather that to turn a huge profit. I used them during last year's sabie experience and the prices were reasonable and the service was good.

Thanks to Cyclejunkies, for remarking and setting up the cycle routes out of Sabie (5 - 40km rides). The relaunch was on Saturday PM and routes all really well marked and new single tracks available. Permits will be available for the well stocked Cyclejunkies shop in Sabie. Thanks for the invite to ride and the effort put into the tracks.

Edited by mtbee

They really are a passionate bunch there! With the launch of the new(ish) trails this weekend I think these guys have set the wheels in motion for the area to reclaim it's status as an MTB mecca!

A relatively small turn out, but great fun was had by all!

Shop itself looks great, sitting at Woodsman I started thinking it had that whole Colarado feel to it that we used to see in the old US mags. Like Bike.

Some old faces around too, like Brett and 'Doc' Oertel.

Hey Guys

Thank you all for the great and kind words. We are passion driven. We just love it so much. Everything about cycling just makes us tick. I am sure that there is lots of you out there as well that feel the same. That is why we strive to provide such great service on all levels. Neil, the Friday night ride was awesome! Especially all the wild life we encountered.

I always try to remind myself how fortunate we are to live and ride in Sabie. The routes are now open to the public. It took us 2 years to get the Forestry companies involved. But hey now you guys can come and ride on marked routes in te most famous bush in SA.

If you guys want to know what else is happening in Sabie route, race and trail wise just log on to our site and join the newsletter.

Keep riding

God Bless

Manus

www.cyclejunkies.co.za

Hey Guys

Thank you all for the great and kind words. We are passion driven. We just love it so much. Everything about cycling just makes us tick. I am sure that there is lots of you out there as well that feel the same. That is why we strive to provide such great service on all levels. Neil, the Friday night ride was awesome! Especially all the wild life we encountered.

I always try to remind myself how fortunate we are to live and ride in Sabie. The routes are now open to the public. It took us 2 years to get the Forestry companies involved. But hey now you guys can come and ride on marked routes in te most famous bush in SA.

If you guys want to know what else is happening in Sabie route, race and trail wise just log on to our site and join the newsletter.

Keep riding

God Bless

Manus

www.cyclejunkies.co.za

Hi Manus!!

Dankie man, dit was regtig awesome, ek is bly dat jy my gestop het om nie die stinkmuishonde te jaag nie want as hulle my gespuit het sou die naweek heel onplesierig gewees het met ek wat so stink haha!!

ciao

Niel