new MTB for 2011

foxy25

Hi guys, i want to buy a new MTB but im not that clued up when it comes to brakes ect. My price range is between R6 - R7000. the bikes i like is merida and Scott. any sugestions on the bikes or the componenets.

if buying 2nd hand look around on the hub some realy good deals but if buying brand new rather look at a silverback, you will get much better spec'd bike for the same price as the scott or merida alternatives.

this is coming from a scott rider :)

if buying 2nd hand look around on the hub some realy good deals but if buying brand new rather look at a silverback, you will get much better spec'd bike for the same price as the scott or merida alternatives.

this is coming from a scott rider :)

im not quite a silverback fan. 2 of my friends ride Silverback and those bikes are a tad heafy. and they are'nt that happy with their bikes either. any other sugestion.

I bought a scott aspect 20 and has done me well. I am looking at selling to upgrade to go full. PM if you keen only problem is I am in KZN.

I bought a scott aspect 20 and has done me well. I am looking at selling to upgrade to go full. PM if you keen only problem is I am in KZN.

what size is the frame

What size are you looking for?

I have a dual suspension Merida for sale. You'll find the add somewhere on the hub, and on Gumtree.

Merida Mission 2000, 2009 model. Real good condition

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I can assure you that no matter in what price class you are looking for a bike, Merida gives you excellent parts and value for you money. You can look at the Merida Matts TFS-800D, around R8000.00 or the Matts TFS-500D or 300D. Those bikes are around R7000.00 and R5000.00 Merida also have a lifetime warranty on their frames and an excellent backup service!

Their bikes aren't that heavy, as specially not as heavy as Silverback!

Go Merida, can't go wrong!

Going to buy myself a Merida next week. Merida Matts Lite3000D (R15000.00)

Hope it helps... :thumbup:

Can always give you more advice since I looked at almost every bike from 5K-15K for myself.

Edited by cwfourie