Beware Breedt's Nek!

Gash

Hi Guy's

Please be very careful!

The is a warning for those that train or ride Breedts Nek from the Hekport side. I have two incidents, one last Saturday morning and one this Saturday morning at about 09h00 on the way back to the garage at hekpoort.

There is a driver along this dirt road that is going to kill one of us, as he does not slow down past cyclists. There are places along this dirt road that only allow for one vehicle and this 'person' narrowly missed my wife, freinds and I on both occaisions. We were riding single file on both occaisions with no room to move further off the track. He actually tries to get as close as possible and so close that the last time I put up my hand to protect myself and my hand made solid contact with his mirror. This made the 'farmer' driver stop and tell us that he has full right to the road and is going to ensure that cyclists stop using this district road.

After the incident this Saturday two cyclists caught up with us and relayed the same experience. This is three incidents that I know of in two weeks and this person is going to end up killing someone on that road.

The vehicle is: -

Gold Toyota Fortuner

Reg WXY435GP

White Male, 55+yrs, 150kgs, big farmer hat, afrikaans

Please guys exersize caution on this route.

Regards

Gary

I was one of the party who was riding with Gary when the incident took place. I was third in position in our riding train behind Gary & his wife and saw this guy in the Gold Fortuner come for us. Gary put up his hand to stop mirror from hitting us, this must have scared the guy as he swerved away slightly otherwise I am sure Gary's wife and I would have been hit. The guy slammed on brakes and did a three point turn and came towards us. Both he and his wife jumped out the car and proceeded to threaten us verbally and it seemed he wanted to climb into us (he reminded me of a snorting warthog). My wife and son then arrived at the scene and saw this guy and his wife's aggression and couldn't believe what they were seeing. He backed off after seeing he would have got a serious klap from Gary, he then proceeded with further threats, got back into his car and left. A short while later two other riders came along and we explained our story and the same kind of incident happened to them.

THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE LOCKED UP BEFORE HE TAKES ONE OF US OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your eyes open for this guy.

Cheers

Dave

If you feel passionate about getting him locked up- you can go to your local cop shop and they will pass the file on to the Hekpoort police. They really do take their job seriously out there but you will need to be prepared to go to see the district attorney in Krugersdorp.