Powertap on Dura-ace 7850 50mm Carbon Clincher

Rick

I have the wheels mentioned in the subject (love them by the way, great wheels). I'm thinking of adding a powertap one of these days and I just wanted to check about compatibility. I couldn't find much on the net except one forum where a guy had succeded doing it and mentioned that a little lateral stiffness may be lost due to the narrower hub.

Can anyone confirm that it would be ok and wouldn't compromise the durability too much?

The lateral stiffnes would be comprised mainly due to the non bladed spokes being replaced by straight gauge spokes, this can and will be counteracted if building 3 cross whereas the normal spoke pattern is 2 cross and radial, as well as the bigger flange diameter. the powertap Sl comes in a 20 hole version so no reason why it shouldnt work. You may want to double check the spoke length on that other post but from my calculation it will be 287 and 285 mm for 3 cross.