Scott scale 70 vs serfas xcr3

Dylan Solms

Hi

I am starting xc racing and need a bike that will be able to survive a real race and manage the track well. My option are the scott scale 70 and serfas xcr3. Which one would be able to take me over climbs and around corners the best and still be intact as I sort of ride the bike quite hard. I think it will have to be a 20inch frame as I am 1.81m and weigh 64kg.

Do you perhaps know the weight of the bikes?

Thanks

Dylan

post-24482-0-25271000-1303666079.jpg

post-24482-0-46335800-1303666129.jpg

Edited by Dylan Solms

I have the xcr3. It's my 1st mountain bike so can't compare it much to anything else, but it rides well and I like it. Has taken some abuse and still holding up well. A bit heavy though at just under 14kgs (according to bathroom scale). The Scott weighs 12.7 according to the website and has a nice spec too. See if you can test ride both, but I suspect the Scott will be better for racing. Also check out the classifieds section, there are some good deals there for the price range that you are looking at.