Nuke Proof Generator Hubs

Nimby

Did a search but no info since 2009 so here goes...

I'm looking to build up a strong and reasonably light 29er wheelset with Stan's Arch rims. I was going to go for Hope hubs but came across the Nuke Proof Generator hubs while browsing CRC. Any feedback on these hubs? They appear to have all the right attributes - light weight, 15mm conversion, cold-forged etc.

Thanks

I happen to have both.

Nuke Proof Generators (20mm TA front, and 135 QR Rear) on my 4X bike

Hope Pro IIs (20mm TA front, and 150x12mm TA rear) on my DH bike

and I must say that I'm mucho impressed by the Nuke Proofs.

I got them cos I couldn't warrant buidling another 5-6k set for a bike that's going to suffer jumping abuse. The Nuke Proof wheelset cost me less than half of a custom hope build, and they seem to do the job just as well (that just don't make that awesome hope noise).

Being a 29er you;re building, I'm guessing it's for XC and weight is a factor... I'm not sure how they compare to the Hopes in that department... but otherwise, they hold their own.

If you want to drop the cash... go Hopes... but I can highly recommend the nuke proofs

Guest Omega Man

I HAAAAATE the sound my hope hubs make.

My Mate has the nukeproof wheels on his bike and the look the part. He's only had them for a month but so far so good.

Thanks patches

Yep - weight is a factor - but the Nuke proofs are slightly lighter than the Hopes, slightly cheaper and, by the sounds of it, much quieter!

I HAAAAATE the sound my hope hubs make.

My Mate has the nukeproof wheels on his bike and the look the part. He's only had them for a month but so far so good.

noooo! you can't not like that sound... it tells others to get out your way! (although it also give you away when you're pushing up a hill, haha)

My eventual upgrade from the Nukeproof wheels is Hope Pro II Evo's laced to Spank Spoon rims.

But that may never come to fruition... as the nuke proofs are more than adequate