Giant Trance 06 rear derailleur hanger wanted urgently !

nacho!

My rear derailleur hanger on my Giant Trance 06 model just broke today and I need one urgently.

Where can I find such a rear derailleur hanger before this weekend's Die Burger MTB challenge?

I tried a LBS a few weeks ago when I noticed a small hairline crack in the hanger, but they didn't have the correct one, so now I'm grounded unless I can find one in 2 days.

Any Giant dealers around?

Help would be appreciated, thanks

Your LBS can order one at anytime. We have stock in Cape Town. The product code is DR-01. If your LBS orders it before 10:30am, we can have it there the same day.

Your LBS can order one at anytime. We have stock in Cape Town. The product code is DR-01. If your LBS orders it before 10:30am, we can have it there the same day.

Thanks Ghost, a buddy of mine luckily found one in Somerset West today. Do you guys stock a Stainless steel or iron hanger?

Edited by nacho!

Giant and most other companies use alloy hangers to mainly protect the derailleur on impacts. If a steel or iron hanger was used and the derailleur was to hit something, you'd need to buy a new derailleur. It's saver and cheaper to just use alloy and replace the hanger instead.

There are companies on the net that make aftermarket hangers for most bikes. You can do a search on TheHub for the threads.