Bicycle Maintanence 101

Caerus

So Im about to head down to the beach with the missus for a ride this AM, I go to take my hardtail out this morning and find that my front fork has lost most of its air, fair enough, I haven't ridden it in ages. So grab out the old suspension pump to start to pomp away, well this is where the issue comes in. No air was going into my fork, I tried hard & fast, slow & precise( I was now even working up a sweat), nothing seemed to do the trick , even the swearing and ranting did not help except to wake the wife up, lol.

So I check that the connection between the pump and fork, all good. Just about to through in the towel when I realised that the suspension pump comes apart and was not fully screwed together.

I can only say , I am Nubbin of the day :lol:

Edited by Caerus

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done mate!

Reminds me of the time I had to call Audi Assist to change my flat tyre. I had loosened the nuts, taken the spare tyre out and needed to jack the car up to remove the flat. Went to take the jack out the boot and.... no jack.

Guy that had done the PDI missed the fact that the car's jack container was empty. Felt like a numpty on the phone when I had to ask for help to change a tire...