Rapidé Tigre Hardtail Frame

MORNE

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome looking bike, was fortunate enough to look at the prototype when I picked up stuff from him in early 2018

Numbers are there and the frame material is also there, serious serious contender towards the STR and SLADE imo

I’ve been building a bike in my head since I saw Wayne’s prototype more than a year ago. COVID delayed his timing somewhat.

I placed my order on the weekend. I know red bikes are faster, but going with white. It’s going to be a slow build, as I haven’t collected too many other bits. Have some wheels on order too, will post pics once the build begins!

I hope Wayne manages to sell a bunch of these so this stays economically viable for him. As far as I know this is the only local option if you want to buy an affordable steel hardtail with all the right geo numbers. I'm not in the market, but when I am again I know where I will be making my first stop.

I’ve been building a bike in my head since I saw Wayne’s prototype more than a year ago. COVID delayed his timing somewhat.

I placed my order on the weekend. I know red bikes are faster, but going with white. It’s going to be a slow build, as I haven’t collected too many other bits. Have some wheels on order too, will post pics once the build begins!

Piktjas!! Please.

There aren’t pics up of the white one on the site yet.

I hope Wayne manages to sell a bunch of these so this stays economically viable for him. As far as I know this is the only local option if you want to buy an affordable steel hardtail with all the right geo numbers. I'm not in the market, but when I am again I know where I will be making my first stop.

I told him yesterday that if i actually knew about this frame last week...i would probably have gotten it instead of the Dartmoor im building up for someone else. This frame’s numbers look great and all the options you have in terms of tyre size, hub standards, sliding dropouts etc etc makes it such a serious and versatile frame. It needs more airtime for sure.

I told him yesterday that if i actually knew about this frame last week...i would probably have gotten it instead of the Dartmoor im building up for someone else. This frame’s numbers look great and all the options you have in terms of tyre size, hub standards, sliding dropouts etc etc makes it such a serious and versatile frame. It needs more airtime for sure.

My brother actually bought my Slade from me a few weeks ago knowing it was a bit small for him (It's a Large, he needs to be on an XL). He bought the bike with the idea that he is actually buying a bunch of parts which he will build over onto a bigger frame when he has the cash. My initial recommendation to him was that he buys a Nukeproof Scout 290, but I am definitely going to try convince him to go for this instead.

But yeah, agree - it has all the right standards, features, and numbers to be a do it all bike for someone. Build it up relatively burly with a 140mm fork to do trail duties, then drop your fork to 120mm and slap a set of fast rolling tyres on to do bike packing and marathon duties. Even has bosses for 2 bottle cages :)

Edited by Grease_Monkey

You can now build a Rapide bike up with mostly Kiwis parts... That is pretty awesome, well-done

He needs to ad a chromo rigid fork to the stable. I know they used to have the carbon ‘pitchforks’ but now we can have proper pitchforks lol

You can now build a Rapide bike up with mostly Kiwis parts... That is pretty awesome, well-done

Lol, yeah thanks to a Kiwi we can now make a bike entirely from South African parts.  

I happened to see that frame a few hours after the ad was posted and thought it was/is beautiful, but there was no fanfare at all, it's like it was quietly snuck into the classifieds. I hope it takes off. All of the rapide stuff I've ever bought is still going strong.

How are we pronouncing the name of this badboy anyway? I'm going with spanish, as in "El Tee-grey". 

Piktjas!! Please.

There aren’t pics up of the white one on the site yet.

Piktjas won't do it justice.  It's a pearl white, looks fantastic in the sun!  The red is also really nice, it's almost a candy apple red, I had to flip a coin to decide!