TestRats?s report so far...

Hi Guys,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Just a little inside info into how the TestRats are doing. I took some pic's, but as you can see the quality is really crappy. I took it after the 100km TT. I WAS MURDER, let me tell you.

My initial thought was 100km, sweet, but what's with the "TT" bit, surely you can't have a 100km Time Trail, allo aloooo!!.. And as it turned out I was right, it was not a TT in the sense you go hard all the way. No, you just have to finish the 100km as fast as you can without bonking...

In addition to that you only get some really foul tasting glucose(tasted like "brak" water) every 20minutes.

But there was more. After every 10km's you had to sprint for 1km and then there was 4 x 4km sprint in there as well. Needless to say this was a bit more than me and MW was use to and I fell nauseas after the second sprint which was the 4km sprint...Not really a sprint, just go as hard as you can for 4km's.

The 1km sprints I don't know, I can sprint for 400m and then I start loosing Watts/Speed.

This was all aimed to deplete our systems, and it did, I felt drained after about 40k's. We also had nothing to eat the morning and our last meal had to be before 9 the previous day, so ja, we did it on empty stomachs.

Me and MW started having cramps as we hit the 70km marks, had to really pedal "save" not to get any more but I cramped on the very last 1km sprint and MW cramped as we was getting of the bike.

We were bought feeling very sick after woods and had a Massive headache for the reminder of the day.

As you can see there is a Computer screen in front of us as you pedal, with all kinds of information on it. I trained to see how many <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Watts I could kick out but sadly could only get it up to 771Watts and a really crappy 100km time of 3h10, pathetic.

But Lize said the fist 100km TT is always slow and we should see improvements during the following two we still have to do.

Come Sunday we are booked to do our second 200km DC sim. This time we are on her diet and on her training program. Should be interesting, will tell you if we did better of worst.

Click on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new window

Click on image to open in new window

this is what you get to eat, good stuff!!!

Click on image to open in new windowMW was wubbling around after teh test, shampies

MW laying down after woods, hy was in sy moer, ek ook!!Click on image to open in new window

soos ek gese het, me too

Oooo, Fatty, I think you have some competition in the ....skinsuite department...

Marius38919.4204282407

wow, that's pretty hectic Marius. But tell me, what's that in MW's pocket, or is he just happy to see you??smileys/smiley36.gif