SeatPost SOS

Adrian4Four

Make sure it's vas once all put together. No fun going down a drop and having your seat slide down. :thumbdown:

Once you know the correct size, get a shim as mentioned. I have tried a few lbs in Jhb for the one I need and Murpy's law, they have everything. except what I need. Mine will be coming from CRC at around R60, which is certainly cheaper than a new seat post..

I am surprised the Weight Weenies don't scream about shedding a few grams by buying a smaller diameter seat post and shim.

apparently this diameter of 29.4 is the biggest issue here.... spoke to a few places and they said i need to have one made... so now to find one... FML

btw, what size are you looking for?

apparently this diameter of 29.4 is the biggest issue here.... spoke to a few places and they said i need to have one made... so now to find one... FML

I am looking for a 27.2 to 31.6 one.

Edited by caad4

Guest Omega Man

If you bought it from CRC mail them and see what they can do. Maybe they can help you out. They've been helpful to me in the past.

Also. These guys make custom shims.

http://wheelsmfg.com/content/view/529/41/

But having said that you are probably gonna spend all the money you saved getting a shim made to get the post to fit your bike.

Why can't all the bike manufacturers agree on a seatpost diameter and stick to it?

Edited by Omega Man