New to the DH ranks!

jusbob

Guest Omega Man

Hmmm, not bad. The question is, at that price, will it handle like an M9, Makulu, Demo or Glory?

They are that cheap cos they don't sell to retailers. All sales are through their website.

Guest Omega Man

Omega check out the Torque 5.0 :drool: This should be in the region of 20K with import duties :thumbup:

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2089

Just remove the front derailler and slap on a chain device.

This is not a full on DH bike but I'm sure that it will be a bag of fun down any hill and on some dj

Totally. My mate Karl has one. He got it given to him by Rob J. Rob works for Canyon. The bikes are really well put together and well specked for their price.

I don't think it's possible to buy a complete bike with the specs they come with for those price tags anywhere else.

No, none. Call Omnico tommorrow, thy will show you to the best store.

This bike should be able to pedal well, I saw it had the iDrive system. (which most of GT does.) ...and short wheelbase, good for air.

021 691 0110

Let us know.

They Dont bring it in .... Sorry !!! - Best bet is the Pinner Foremann on O bike if you looking for a 180mm travel bike ...

And ALL GT full sus bikes use the IDrive system ...

Edited by nigelhicks

Ahh that sucks! South Africa really needs to get jacked up with a proper CRC like store! Those Canyon bikes look the ****, wouldn't mind one of them! Anyone ordered a full bike from CRC or winstanleys? What sorta import duties etc do you have to pay?

Ahh that sucks! South Africa really needs to get jacked up with a proper CRC like store! Those Canyon bikes look the ****, wouldn't mind one of them! Anyone ordered a full bike from CRC or winstanleys? What sorta import duties etc do you have to pay?

You cant order complete bikes from CRC as far as i know - they only ship complete bikes in the EU ....

Anyway if you did bring in a complete bike i'd guess you'd get shafted 30-40% import.

SA is really good and one of the world leaders in Cycling ... the issue is that as we dont have mountains like the Alps or the Rockies here so there has never been a drive to market proper All Mountain bikes in this country. The focus is solely on XC and marathon as thats where the 99% of the target market is - there are no ski lift accessed bike parks in SA so therefore no demand for the bigger bikes.

But just look around ... you'll definately find something!

Edited by nigelhicks