Bike at PE Tip

Longbarn Killer

Whilst offloading some stuff at the local tip I came across what was once a very nice bike. It belonged to one of the vagrants that has employed himself at the tip. He told me that he got it from a friend, who got it from another guy.

To my utter dismay, the frame was hand painted in green, so you cannot see the brand, but you could clearly see it had carbon stays and a fork. The bar tape was yellow. It had a Campag Centaur groupset (with Daytona callipers) and some unmarked wheels with carbon hubs. The groupset set and wheels were in perfect condition, just dirty.

In all probability, this is a stolen bike and judging by the condition of the groupset and wheels, was recently stolen. Is there anybody on the Hub (in PE) that knows of someone who may have had such a bike stolen?

It makes me feel sick to see such a nice bike being treated like this. I would dearly love to offer to buy this bike from him and restore it to its original state (if I can determine the brand), however, I do not want to buy something that has been stolen.