Group Swimming in Durbanville Area

Disylizzy

• 6 years later...

Hi All,

I would like to organize a masters / adult swim group at one of the schools in the Durbanville area. Essentially the idea is to have a set time a few times per week where people with varying abilities get together to do lap swimming. Preferrably under some guidance (coach) or general training plan.

The reasons being, I would rather swim in a team environment than have someone jumping in to the lane with me who is there just to play around. And I find I'm a little more competitive when swimming with others.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Does anyone have any affiliation with one of the local school, so that I can contact said school?

2. Who would be interested? Obviously there would have to be some kind of monetary contribution to use the facilities.

7 Years later and this is exactly what I'm looking for. I've heard they swim at Curro but I can't find any contact details.

Do you have any recommendations?

That kid that had the key is now 26 years old....still no proper master class. Virgin Active Tygervalley has a masters class with a coach....not aure about cost and times. I think Monday’s.

7 Years later and this is exactly what I'm looking for. I've heard they swim at Curro but I can't find any contact details.

Do you have any recommendations?

So haven't been on the swimming scene in a while, but here is what I know:

Cape Town Masters Swimming has satellite groups all over, ie Tygervalley, and at Bellville public pool.  You can contact them and they can put you in touch with whomever is running training groups in the area: http://www.ctmasters.co.za/

Also I know that Wingman Multisport had some people training together a while back, not sure if that's still the case.

Embark is another group that trains in the northern 'burbs, and there's also Cape Multisport Club.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I just remembered there's a group that trains at Fairmont HS as well, will see if I can find out who runs it.

Edited by Disylizzy