Lynskey Dual Suspension

Sewanee

Lynskey have just released a picture of their new Ti Dual Suspension on Facebook looked on their websit but could not find any further details. Hope attachment comes through to the hub. Looks interesting and I assume from the picture that it is a 26er. Mark Lynskey says that they are working on a 10 minute full walkaround video for youtube which should be up and running now.

Lynskey Performance Designs a hair under 23 pounds, ready to ride.

Lynskey Performance Designs ‎$3695 in Ind Mill as standard finish.

Lynskey Ti Handlebar! Lynskey Performance Designs ‎600 with 9.5 degree bend,

SRAM MTB (SRAM, Avid, Truvativ), RockShox Suspension, Lynskey Performance Designs and Enve Composites

Hmmm I do quite like that, but then it's titanium and I do have a little, erm... fetish for titanium.

No sure about there rear triangle being titanium as well though? If I recall Litespeed (same guys as Lynskey) had a titanium FS with a titanium rear triangle and all the reviews I ever rear about it said it was flexy and had a tendency to jack you on sharp corners. Never rode one, so can't vouch for that, but most if not all titanium FS bikes have an aluminium and/or carbon rear end for that reason. I can't see that rear thru-axle providing adequate stiffness to compensate either, but then Mr Lynskey does make some rather fine bikes, including one I have, so who I am to second guess him!?

That price is rather eye-watering though! I assume that's frame only, which is the same price as my Titus FTM Ti cost - insane, would not spend that kinda money on a frame again.

Seem to recall Mark Lynskey saying in the video review that the X-type link in the pivot point below the top tube assists with the stiffness as does the larger diameter axle (15mm) of the rear wheel together with the large diameter tubes. There is also a 2 inch front steerer headtube which should also help. I have ridden both the litespeed Sewanee and Niota dual suspension bikes for numerous years and never found flex an issue. Granted the bearings did wear out which resulted in flex, but this was easily remedied. I have never ever felt the flex bucking in any corners. Both bikes were full titanium. Am now riding a 29er Lynskey pro. Ti Rules

• 1 month later...

Hmmm I do quite like that, but then it's titanium and I do have a little, erm... fetish for titanium.

No sure about there rear triangle being titanium as well though? If I recall Litespeed (same guys as Lynskey)

Not quite the same guys as Lynskey, Mark Lynskey was Litespeed until he sold it then a while later started up Lynskey.

I've owned both, but now I'm down to a colection of Lynskeys from TT to MTB and have never had a problem.

Just ordered a pro29er which should be here soon as well, Its a pretty safe bet this FS wont be horrible to ride either, they spent a long time working on it to get it right.