Riding form St. Lucia to Alexander bay on my MTB for charity

The Silverback Man

I am planning on riding my MTB form the most eastern coastal part to the most southern coastal part as possible of South Africa. I want to try to stay on the coast/beach as far as possible. I want to ride this to promote the charity and for fund-raising for the charity. Nominate a charity with a reason for the nomination for that charity.

The reason for the trip is to find myself and to do good in my life, therefore I will ride most of the ride on my own. I will ask people if they want to ride with for like a day or so.

If you have any questions or suggestions for me please feel free to send it to me

Dude, that sounds nice. Ask David F_R_A_I_L here on the HUB, that guys will probably do it with you.....crazy Capetonians :thumbup:

here's a tip, the prevailing wind in south africa is FROM THE WEST and can get very strong in the wide open expanses, so if i were you i'd think about starting in alexander bay instead, unless you like to ride into wind for 6-8 hours a day.

here's a tip, the prevailing wind in south africa is FROM THE WEST and can get very strong in the wide open expanses, so if i were you i'd think about starting in alexander bay instead, unless you like to ride into wind for 6-8 hours a day.

Thanks for the tip will keep it in mind

I still want suggestions of a charity, so that I can communicate with them about the trip and how we are going to promote them.

Another thin I should mention is that I am going to ride unsupported all I will need to complete my trip I will carry in a backpack.

I am planning on riding my MTB form the most eastern coastal part to the most southern coastal part as possible of South Africa. I want to try to stay on the coast/beach as far as possible. I want to ride this to promote the charity and for fund-raising for the charity. Nominate a charity with a reason for the nomination for that charity.

The reason for the trip is to find myself and to do good in my life, therefore I will ride most of the ride on my own. I will ask people if they want to ride with for like a day or so.

If you have any questions or suggestions for me please feel free to send it to me

Kids or animals mate. Anything else ain't worth it. Good luck.

have you ever ridden with a backpack big enough to carry food, water, clothing etc?

get panniers or a trailer.

http://www.bicycletouringpro.com/photos/various/bob-trailer-2.jpg

https://sites.google.com/site/bicyclehangar/bobtrailermissoula

I have ridden with a 45l backpack before, but I know that I am going to need at least a 60l one. I looked at trailers before but isn’t sure it will go that well on the terrain, I might be wrong I don’t know allot about them. I will take a look at panniers and looks like a better idea and I know a person that have done a trip with them and can’t stop talking about them. Thanks for all the helpful tips it is guys like you that is going to make this trip possible