Giant TCR C1 vs C2

Shesha

Hi - more deliberations on my new acquisition.

I have pretty much decided on a Giant composite frame - I can get the TCR C1 composite with a full Ultegra group set; FSA carbon cranks; Ksyrium Elite(?) wheels all for a good price. My issue is that I really don't like the colour combo of the TCR1 frame - must prefer the TCR C2 frame.

The bike shop is happy to put the TCR C1 parts on the TCR C2 frame. The primary difference between the frames other than the colour is the carbon steerer - TCR C2 has aluminium shaft. Am I being overly fussy about colour in slightly downgrading my frame and will this diminsh future resale value due to the C1/C2 frame/parts combo?

Shesha38922.4985185185

yes it will down grade the resale value... if you are even considering resale value dont buy a new bike.

I think that the one frame has a slightly lower grade of carbon fibre (lower meaning 100g heavier, and probably more comfortable), but I maybe getting confused with the Scott CR1.

At least ask for a discount of the price difference between the frames from the shop, and if the only diference is a little weight then dont worry, you will never feel it.

Thanks Gumpole...

m not really that concerned about the resale value...more a matter of my personal satisfaction.

Thanks