Bike build off and MX stunts

Tiny K

Spotted this while checking the Gadaffi report on IOL

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/bikes-quads-karts/cape-festival-pulls-top-bike-builders-1.1161414

Cape festival pulls top bike builders

October 20 2011 at 03:40pm

By Motoring Staff

The competition will take place during the Cape Town Bike Festival at the Cape Town Stadium from December 16-18, with the winner to be announced on the final day. The competition will be judged by international bike-building superstar Russell Mitchell, president of Exile Cycles.

Exile Cycles, now in its tenth year, has grown from its modest beginnings in the US into a multi-million dollar corporation that manufactures nearly every conceivable part of a motorcycle, and sells these parts both direct to the public and through its network of more than 1000 dealers. Exile also produces a handful of completed custom bikes each year.

Russell and his colourful crew have competed in many of the Discovery Channel Biker Build Off shows as well as the World Bike Build Off, and Russell hosted his own show on the Speed Channel for a couple of seasons.

The Cape Town Bike Festival organisers are thrilled that this bike-building legend will judge the South African leg of the World championship at the festival this December. The winner - and their bike - will be flown to the 72nd annual Sturgis Rally in South Dakota in 2012 to compete against the world's top bike builders.

The Cape Town Bike Festival will be the first of its kind in South Africa, combining the world of bikes with live entertainment in the form of international and local bands, unique product displays and a daring dirt bike extravaganza over a three-day celebration.

Could have bought 50% discounted tickets for day one (16th), but I am going to participate in the CPT Charity ride.... if it happens?