Sizing advice needed for a giant frame

moby3

post-6545-0-27731400-1323841806.jpghi, if there are any Giant riders (or anybody else) out there i would appreciate some help please.

I am looking at buying a built up Giant TCR C2 Carbon Road Bike

Tiagra Groupset.Shimano Wheels.

50" Frame (Medium Frame)

My question: I am 181m (5.9ft) with a 86cm inseam. Would a medium frame be suitable??

Also, the bikes going for R4500. Is it a good deal or not?

Thanks

50" yip. Printing error on frames.

They actually meant 50cm compact frame geometry not 50 inch.

Virtual size is about 55cm.

I have ridden giants for many years and am quite familiar with their fit.

At 1.81 and 86 cm inseam you are bordering on too large for a medium frame.

These bikes have quite aggressive geometry (in 2008 they became slightly less aggressive), but this frame is the 2006 version, so low front end.

Your saddle will sit around 12-14cm above your bars (looking at the steerer length).

Top tube length may not be a major problem as these bikes have a 55.5cm virtual top tube length.

Anyway, looking at the current setup the frame looks way too small for the rider. But that is just my opinion.

The price of R4500 is excellent if the bike is in good condition. BUT never buy a bike just because the price is good. It must fit properly. Many people are looking so hard for a bargain they forget to make sure the bike is even the right size.

Good luck anyway.

Edited by crackajack

A lot of riders ride a frame that is one size too small. So, if you are bordering between and medium and a large, you would probably be able to ride this one.

Assuming the condition is good, R4 500 is an absolute bargain for that bike. The frame alone is worth that on the second hand market.

I would buy it and ride it for a while, if it doesn't suit you, then sell it. At R4 500, you won't struggle to find a buyer.