Road bike routes - Pretoria East

Leon Pretorius

Hi Hubbers,

I'm fairly new to road riding, so I am looking for SAVE routes (40km-90km) around Pretoria East?

Would you guys consider the Delmas road as save? (there's a small shoulder most of the way)

Thanks!

Cheers,

Leon

• 1 year later...

Hi Hubbers,

I live in Montana Pretoria North and I am trying to find safe routes for Road Cycling. Someone mentioned Cullinan as an option. How do you get on that route, is it off Zambesi?

Looking for both weekday and weekend safe spots.

Thanks.

Hi Hubbers,

I live in Montana Pretoria North and I am trying to find safe routes for Road Cycling. Someone mentioned Cullinan as an option. How do you get on that route, is it off Zambesi?

Looking for both weekday and weekend safe spots.

Thanks.

Go around Roodeplaat dam. (Out on molotto rd, right past pebble rock and sable hills all the way back to the R513)

Rode that route when I lived that side.

Select cycling club also does the route on sundays if I'm not mistaken.

Leon.

Most of my rides are out Delmas road, Babsfontein, back via Lynnwood or Boschkop road. Gives you about 80km.

Check these guys out.....there will be various loops out in the East tomorrow. Join in the fun.

http://www.velo.co.za/clubride.php

You have a detailed strava workout that shows the majority of the routes on a map?

im still trying to figure all the roads out (mtb i'm fine with)

Thanks J