Whos owns a Scott Spark 29 elite,

covie

I have one. Great bike with great components - rear shock is average but not nearly as bad as everyone might want you to believe. If you didn't know there was some negativity from a few people about it, I would challenge 80% of riders to notice the difference between the DT Swiss shock and say a Fox RP2. Put on a tubeless kit, some Racing Ralph tyres and you have a very competitive bike at a great price. Once you have some money saved I would upgrade the wheelset but the rest is fine as is.

Been drooling over the element for a while now! Where do you boys get the frames? Will it take a 100mm reba? Think it's spec'ed for 120?

Been drooling over the element for a while now! Where do you boys get the frames? Will it take a 100mm reba? Think it's spec'ed for 120?

Have to buy a complete bike to get a frame, though if you speak to the distrobuters and your willing to wait for a strip down to come in they will put your name on a list,

Its desinged for 100mm but the 950 comes with the revelation u turn that can turn it into a 120mm AM beast for the really rough stuff.

He was intrigued by the Scott in February and has since bought and loving the RM

This is an old resurected thread

...sorry Covie!

I have one. Great bike with great components - rear shock is average but not nearly as bad as everyone might want you to believe. If you didn't know there was some negativity from a few people about it, I would challenge 80% of riders to notice the difference between the DT Swiss shock and say a Fox RP2. Put on a tubeless kit, some Racing Ralph tyres and you have a very competitive bike at a great price. Once you have some money saved I would upgrade the wheelset but the rest is fine as is.

Ditto. Wasn't too sure of the standard saddle - replaced it with a Gobi.