which bike to buy?

manjafel

It is time for a new mountain bike. I'm looking for a durable bike rather than a lightweight bike.

I'm stuck on three bikes the Momsen Al 300 the Silverback Alpine and Merida matts tfs 300. And then there is the second hand market.

I need some advice.

All depends on budget.Hearing good things about Momsen's 29er's though,but 2nd hand market is where you will find best value for money. Good hunting,,,

It is time for a new mountain bike. I'm looking for a durable bike rather than a lightweight bike.

I'm stuck on three bikes the Momsen Al 300 the Silverback Alpine and Merida matts tfs 300. And then there is the second hand market.

I need some advice.

Hey, I was about to buy a second hand alpine for R3800. Luckily the guy didn't accept the offer because when i went to my LBS, i figured out that you can buy its replacement, the Stride 10 for the same price brand new.

Anyway i ended up going for the Titan sport 29er for not much more.

Thank you for your advice guys. I do not think the Stride replaced the Alpine though. I spoke to the guy at my LBS and he loves the silverback Alpine (He is also a silverback dealer). The Silverback is well speced (according to the website http://www.silverbacklab.com/2011_website_SILVERBACK/alpine1.htm and the LBS guy)

The Momsen is almost the same but just a smidge cheaper (http://www.momsenbikes.com/bikes.cfm?prod=al300_12) The two bikes even look alike.

Buy local and support local, get the Momsen.

Silverback shafted SA by moving to Germany and then putting stickers on the bikes that say "Designed in Germany"