Easton xct 29er

wapad

Just fitted my new wheels weight was 1824g which was a bit heavier than advertised some of the grams would be in the valves

They are full UST wheels so it was tyres on stains in and bang goes the bead all seated no problem

I'll do my first ride in Tokai in the morning and let fellow hubbers know how it goes

These wheels have very neutral branding so will suit just about any bike

Lata

Edited by wapad

post-14048-0-07604300-1329914805.jpg

Just fitted my new wheels weight was 1824g which was a bit heavier than advertised some of the grams would be in the valves

They are full UST wheels so it was tyres on stains in and bang goes the bead all seated no problem

I'll do my first ride in Tokai in the morning and let fellow hubbers know how it goes

These wheels have very neutral branding so will suit just about any bike

Lata

Did my first ride and the wheels were great

I weigh 100kg so not light, I hit all the single tracks up and down and the wheels were stiff and tracked nicely

I run my tyre pressure quite low 23psi in front on a Saguaro 2.2 and 25 psi at the back with a spez fast trak LK no sign of leakage and any burping on the tyres

the weight for the front wheel is 1816 with 80 ml stans which is a bit extra and the back is 2170 with the fast trak and 60 ml stans

I could run a fast trak on the front but Tokai is quite sandy at the moment so opt for a more volume less pressure grip on the front. Even now the rear has a bit of washout but at least its predictable

the wheels set is about 160 - 300 grams lighter than the std Giant wheels depending on the tyre choice

overall very happy especially that its a full UST rim

Glad to hear that you're happy with them! Busy having an Anthem 29er built with a set of them at the moment for myself, hopefully will be ready to test on Wednesday evening...

Glad to hear that you're happy with them! Busy having an Anthem 29er built with a set of them at the moment for myself, hopefully will be ready to test on Wednesday evening...

I think you will be very happy with them

as I said I'm not light and have been hammering them what i also like is that they are so neutral and suit any bike

I'm not sure where Easton get their weights though because this set was about 85 grams heavier than listed and I checked the EA90 and they were also well over listed weight at 1700g but they are the business

enjoy