Baviaans and / or PE riding spots

awesme

Hi guys,

Wife, myself and some friends are going down to Jbay over easter, taking bikes with,

What riding is there we can do around PE, also, Baviaans, how far is it from Jbay and is it an option to just drive through, are there well marked routes there?

G

Baviaans is about 30 minutes from JBay, I'd guess. Quickest way to get there is over Hankey, but just check Google Earth on that one. In PE we have Norm Hudlin trails, prepared trails, very enjoyable. Very easy for beginners or very tiring if you gas it all the way. Baviaans, I'd guess the main plan is to ride straight in to the top of Bergplaas and back out the same way.

Hi there

Thanks, do you have contact details and/or directions to Norm Hudlin trails

G

Baviaans is about 30 minutes from JBay, I'd guess. Quickest way to get there is over Hankey, but just check Google Earth on that one. In PE we have Norm Hudlin trails, prepared trails, very enjoyable. Very easy for beginners or very tiring if you gas it all the way. Baviaans, I'd guess the main plan is to ride straight in to the top of Bergplaas and back out the same way.

Hi there

Thanks, do you have contact details and/or directions to Norm Hudlin trails

G

It is in Kragga Kamma road, which is SUPER easy to get to from the Highway that comes from JBay. Private me your e-mail address and I'll mail you a small map.

send you some gpx tracks - St Francis to Oyster Bay, around Paradise beach, and the TransBaviaans tracks.

Enjoy the riding

• 4 weeks later...

check out garminconnect.com and download some if you have a garmin. some of our rides are posted on there...fairly easy stuff.

if you do the one with the gate that says "private prop"-just close it and all the other gates after it and stop and chat to the farmer if you do see him...

Cheers

Private, with gate...

Do I need a bullet proof vest.

I have a Garmin 500, so don't have follow track capabilities.

G

check out garminconnect.com and download some if you have a garmin. some of our rides are posted on there...fairly easy stuff.

if you do the one with the gate that says "private prop"-just close it and all the other gates after it and stop and chat to the farmer if you do see him...

Cheers

Bulls, fresh biltong...

(looking forward Jbay trip)

G

HAHA no the old toppie is chilled. just watch out for his bulls they charge!

We are planning to do a 250km trip through Baviaans end of April. Found and old 4x4 route from the Stydlerville side back into Baviaans. Going to start at Patensie side, cycle towards Stydlerville and then back to Patensie through the Baviaans. But it will take us 4 days. Will take pictures and start a fresh chat when back

We are planning to do a 250km trip through Baviaans end of April. Found and old 4x4 route from the Stydlerville side back into Baviaans. Going to start at Patensie side, cycle towards Stydlerville and then back to Patensie through the Baviaans. But it will take us 4 days. Will take pictures and start a fresh chat when back

Are you referring to the Osseburge 4x4 trail? If so this has been closed to the public for some time due to the poaching in the area. Check with nature conservation in the area first to avoid hassles.

Just check that you can cycle through Baviaans without a support vehicle.... earlier this year they would not let us through the boom up to Bergplaas without a support vehicle following... something to do with the buffalo/rhino???

Ok, back to the original question, other than the riding in PE (meeting Azonic next Monday, 9th), what else in the area, Baviaans sounds like maybe not the best idea, for us yet, or is there a easier Baviaans route we can go ride, where we won't have rangers and local animals chasing us. ;)

Wife and myself is not at racing snake level yet, we're happy doing 20km with about 300m climbing.

G