Changing MTB handlebars

Michael Labuschagne

Loosen the brake lever clamp and push the grips off with the brake lever clamp. Use window cleaner to add the new grips.

Whilst were asking questions; I recently became the proud owner of a Niner Rip 9. Handlebar on the beast is an Easton Monkeylite riser bar, 600mm wide. What would you recommend I change it to?

Loosen the brake lever clamp and push the grips off with the brake lever clamp. Use window cleaner to add the new grips.

Whilst were asking questions; I recently became the proud owner of a Niner Rip 9. Handlebar on the beast is an Easton Monkeylite riser bar, 600mm wide. What would you recommend I change it to?

Running a 680 on my 29er, but don't change it if you're happy with it.

I have tried the wide handlebar thing, really I have, but I want the narrower ones back. On long rides it kills me. Maybe I should give it another year?

Edited by Pronutro

Running a 680 on my 29er, but don't change it if you're happy with it.

Thanks. That is more or less what I thought :) On other overseas forums I found that the general yard stick for mtb handlebars is that if it feels good it is good. Just looks a bit odd - tall bike with monstrous wheels and then the skinny handlebar.