Giant Iguana 26er - Good or Bad Buy

Jurgens Van Eeden

Really cant afford more than R5k but would look at nothing more than R6k.

If you can get this for 6K it would be a fantastic bike. Try sell a kidney if need be

Edited by Caerus

http://www.thehubsa....-matts-tfs-100/

What about this one? is it big enough?

I need to get shoes so I cant go too expensive.

Its a large, yeah so should be OK. Message the person about the GT, see what they say. Eat baked beans for a month, or just bread and water. maybe you can come to some sort of deal. you can only ask.

Shoes can come later if need be.

Edited by Caerus

Think I'm gonna go for the Merida. It seems like a good bike. And I dont wanna break the bank on my first bike.

Thanks for all the advice. Really appreciate it.

Think I'm gonna go for the Merida. It seems like a good bike. And I dont wanna break the bank on my first bike.

Thanks for all the advice. Really appreciate it.

Cool, no probs. Just check if its a 8 or 9 speed, you don't really want to be buying an 8 speed. Its. Otherwise its a decent bike, what year and model is it. Also bear in mind it is better to spend more in the beginning.

Offer the oke with the GT R4k (maybe R5k at most). He can only say no. Rather spend a little more than initially anticipated lest you are planning on upgrading in a year or two. Friend of mine is buying a Commencal for R12600 off the Hub, pricing on the bike started off at R19000 a couple of weeks ago.

Cool, no probs. Just check if its a 8 or 9 speed, you don't really want to be buying an 8 speed. Its. Otherwise its a decent bike, what year and model is it. Also bear in mind it is better to spend more in the beginning.

That's what I said :)

Don't rush into the purchase, take your time, and do more searching. The right bike at the right price will come along. Don't be scared to haggle with people on price. A lot of people will over value their bikes. Good Luck