Giant Iguana 26er - Good or Bad Buy

Jurgens Van Eeden

First if all, determine which size bike will fit you - The Giant is a large (20" closer to XL if you ask me) and the Trek is a small.

Yeah, thats the one, judging by his avatar pic he looks a medium. Thats a good deal :thumbup:

You can judge height from an avatar pic ..... My oracle skills is nowhere close to yours :(

You can judge height from an avatar pic ..... My oracle skills is nowhere close to yours :(

The force is strong in me :rolleyes:

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Mountain Biking and I'm interested in a bike someone is selling on Gumtree, but I'm not sure if its a good or a bad buy?

http://johannesburg....QAdIdZ354372842

Please, some advice would be appreciated.

Jurgens

Looking at the pic its a stock standard ancient bike probably 2007 or older, will have to reseach as ive never heard of a giant iguana. But the specs there looks the same as a silverback reno, and that use to sell for like 3.5k.

Looking at the pic its a stock standard ancient bike probably 2007 or older, will have to reseach as ive never heard of a giant iguana. But the specs there looks the same as a silverback reno, and that use to sell for like 3.5k.

Guys at varsity had the Giant Iguana. This was pre Y2k though...

I see on the gaint site they still make em, but look different to that, that one looks like the 2003 model.

Do you guys think i should get this one? I dont have exeptionally long legs by I'm 1.83m tall.

So you need to be looking at Large frames, what is your absolute max budget. There is a GT Zaskar for R6500, maybe you can get the price down a bit.

I really appreciate the help. I have no clue where to begin. And the bike im currently using i breaking every time I ride it. Replace so many things on it - Not good quality at all.

So you need to be looking at Large frames, what is your absolute max budget. There is a GT Zaskar for R6500, maybe you can get the price down a bit.

Really cant afford more than R5k but would look at nothing more than R6k.