Towing kids

doris

if you really want one i can give you the giant one for free!

wow :) Can I accept please if the offer stands ?

See my boys are 5 and 7 so I think the wee is a wee small :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See them (Trailers and hitcha bikes) all the time here, on and off road. People use them to go shopping, bikahiking, carry the dog or groceries, kids, etc...obvisiouly not meant for serious technical offroad stuff.

Awesome :) yea would not wanna do anything to techie any way

Are you referring to the wee ride that goes in front of the cyclist?

I like this one - http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=32842

Saw a kid and his dad on one without gears the other day, and the lightie was peddling with a stupidly high cadence; I think a few gears will help.

No. it is a chair design for smaller kids and is fitted to a bracket that goes over your top tube so you kid rides between your legs. Its the only seat i know of where you can communicate with your kid. I stay in kyalami and often go for rides with my kid. I can judge how bad the terrain is by seeing how much he is bouncing around (and also slow down if need be.) and i can also talk to him while we ride. He often sits there pointing to the horses or another bike etc. Also if by any chance i should fall i can protect him.

Edited by specializedfan

wow :) Can I accept please if the offer stands ?

See my boys are 5 and 7 so I think the wee is a wee small :)

The Giant one that i have is too small for your boys. it is designed for smaller kids. I would say 2-4 years but if you want it still you are welcome.

Dunno, just drove past one and thought if that guy falls or a car gets to close to him, the poor baby sees his arse too.

I mean he chose to do something that involves risk. What say does the baby have?

The Giant one that i have is too small for your boys. it is designed for smaller kids. I would say 2-4 years but if you want it still you are welcome.

@Doris and @Spez, if its too small for the boys, Im sure my 3yr old daughter would love it.

Dunno, just drove past one and thought if that guy falls or a car gets to close to him, the poor baby sees his arse too.

I mean he chose to do something that involves risk. What say does the baby have?

I wouldnt take a baby on my bike, but my tough little hooligan girl would be just fine with a helmet, and of course in a safe area.

Looks really sweet, just think my top tube slopes too much.

It comes with a braket that basically creates another top tube for you. The seat then mounts onto that.

I wouldnt take a baby on my bike, but my tough little hooligan girl would be just fine with a helmet, and of course in a safe area.

I see you are in fourways. If you want you can pop around and i can show you how it fits.

When I use my iBert or trailer I ride at 50% of normal speed / skill / risk level, the odds of my laaitie blikseming off his scoot bike or the steps at home are far greater. In fact he did himself a beaut of a chin-graze yesterday....and then shook off the tears and got back on to ride some more. I have one of the Giant halfwheelers still waiting in it's box in the garage till the sprog is a bit bigger, can't wait to try it.

I see you are in fourways. If you want you can pop around and i can show you how it fits.

Even better, I work in Midrand... Handy that.

:D I drive through Beaulieu on my way to work and back.... Hope I've never flipped you off in traffic :D

Im kidding of course

Edited by Richard Best