Van Gaalens to BreedsNek ??

AdamA

Hi

Does anyone know of an 'Off-road' Route from Van Gaalens Cheese Farm to Breeds Nek?

My Sani2c Partner met some guys that rode VG-Breeds-the shop and Back, they say its a 106km ride. I would like to do this ride on the 27 April 2012 as part of my Sani2C Training , 2C if i am Ready!

if anyone knows if there are Back roads from VG to Hekpoort Garage please let me know.

if anyone is keen to come for the ride on the 27th , 30th April or 1st May, let me know.

Adam

Yes there is....let me see if I can dig up an old route from garmin

I also want that route please..

You could just ride in the side of the road till you hit the turn off for the Nek. There is a walk path, with some lumps and jumps, on the left hand side of the road most of the way along. Was used as part of a race there last year.

You could just ride in the side of the road till you hit the turn off for the Nek. There is a walk path, with some lumps and jumps, on the left hand side of the road most of the way along. Was used as part of a race there last year.

I would rather stay on the district road, did that route you are talking about and yes there is a footpath but close the shop where there is a big plastic cow outside it stops and then you have to go on a very thin road with very big trucks for a few km

Thanks Rouxtjie, Much appreciated.

Thanks for the info Klaus, but that's what i was trying to avoid... i want to 'Take the road less travelled'.... apparently it makes all the difference :)

So who is keen to go for a Ride this Freedom Day?

• 4 months later...

Where is the best place to start from if you only want to do a short ride, say 40km from JHB side up and back??