Raleigh 2005 MTB, Shimano XT - good price?

A mate has two MTBs he wants to sell one... Just did a race on the one he wants to sell this weekend.

Specs as far as I know:

2005 Raleigh Frame (sure it's alloy/ aluminium)

Has the Shimano XT Group set (not sure if there are many or one)

V-brakes

Continental Tires (seem in good nick)

Dunno what wheels

As I said - I did a race with it that past weekend and the bike seems really good... The gears did slip once or twice when changing and going over some very bumpy tarain but otherwise performed well through the water/ sand and mud in the race so it seems good.

With cleats and shoes he says he'll let it go for R2000 ... I'm thinking it's a great deal

Opinions?

I've just bought a road bike and not willing to fork out R4/5k now so the only reason I'm considering it is because it's sounds like a great deal!

Assuming that it is in a good condition, R2 000 sounds about right for a MTB of that age with that level of parts. Just make sure the whole groupset is XT and not just the rear deraileur. Most bike manufacturers are fond of putting a higher spec r/d on to a bike, but with other cheaper components.