[Event] Jeep Katberg MTB Classic

DirtBag

Event Name: Jeep Katberg MTB Classic
When: 21 April 2012
Where: Katberg Eco Golf Estate near Fort Beaufort, Eastern Cape
Category: MTB

It is time again for the annual Jeep Katberg Mountain Bike Classic.

This event has been wildly popular amongst mountain bikers in the Eastern Cape as it really puts the “Mountain” back into mountain biking!

There are 4 distances to take part in: there are the 55km or 35km Challenging rides, and a 20km fun ride and lastly a 5km kiddies ride. The kiddies ride is sponsored by Spur so they will be getting special medals, burgers, T-shirts and even discount vouchers!

The rides all start and finish at the Katberg Golf Estate which is just North of Fort Beaufort, so it is a 2,5 hour drive from Port Elizabeth or a 2 hour drive from East London. And the races start from 08:45 in the morning, so there is enough time to drive through just for the day.

Get more info and enter online at www.ecmtb.co.za

Go to Event Page

Great event yesterday! Tough getting to the top of the mountain but the views, and the flapjacks, were amazing - well worth it.

Big thank you to the event organisers and supporting sponsers (excellent goodie bag)! Really appreciate the effort you all put in.

S

p.s. anyone record total ascent on the 55km route ?

Hay Stockcarracer!

Glad you enjoyed the event!

It is always amazingly rewarding to see and hear that you guys enjoy our events! As we keep telling people, we are a bunch of mountain bikers that put together races the way we would want them all to be.

And one of our driving forces behind route selection is to take Mountain Bikers, and put them back onto Mountains! Because that is where we belong. We want to be able to turn around and say....Wow! Did I just ride UP THERE!!!

And we know that the tough rides are always the most memorable.

Thanks for your feedback Sir!

p.s. take a look at some of the photo’s I took at the compulsory stop at the top of the mountain.

http://www.ecmtb.co.za/index.php?page_name=gallery.php&item_id=22