Sunward to Heidelberg and back

wouterretief

Is any-one familiar with the route in Boksburg from Sunward Park to Heidelberg and back ?? I think it a 80km route and fairly flat apart from the mine dump. It it a safe route and is it easy to follow ?

That will be down the R23 which should be OK, iv'e done it a few times solo and Sunward wheelers often do this route. If you carry on straight over instead of heading into Heidelberg you go to Rensburg it adds another 20km to the ride.

Sorry - I should have mentioned ... Mountain Bike Route

There are a couple of routes along the railway lines you could try, a bit difficult to describe but if you look at satelite images on Google earth or maps you should be able to work something out.

The dirt roads in that area are also used quite a bit by quad bikers and are often marked with painted arrows and coloured stickers to show the routes they take.

I'm not sure how safe the routes are but I've not heard of any hi-jacking or other incidents in the area.