Weekly Thursday RIde. 5pm.Start: Cnr Ivy & Kloof Str

kandui

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking to join a few MTB groups in and around CT so I would love to join if I can make it in time.

I’m kind of a newbie so I don’t know the terrain that well… is it a fairly tricky route? I’m fine with downhill, I’m just not yet strong enough for long steep uphills.

If you're still up for a ride, come along next week. Happy to take it slow and slot into your pace.

Do you guys ever do weekend rides together?

Never had any takers, everybody is on their own buzz on the weekend. I do go out and ride on weekends, just never know exactly when. If you're flexible with time, we can meet up at short notice. Depends on the weather and what the family are up to. I mostly find time in the afternoons.

Hi,

I would love to join on Thursday but aswell on my home home from work just after 5. 5:30 would be awesome.= )

Never had any takers, everybody is on their own buzz on the weekend. I do go out and ride on weekends, just never know exactly when. If you're flexible with time, we can meet up at short notice. Depends on the weather and what the family are up to. I mostly find time in the afternoons.

We should make a plan some time! We mostly ride around Durbanville, Stellenbosch, etc, so I'm not too familiar with where you ride. Will be cool to explore some new tracks :thumbup:

I'm very flexible regarding hours, so if we can get a couple guys together for next weekend maybe, we should talk.

I also only leave work at 5, so if we can do a 5:30 every now and then I'll probably be able to join in the week, seeing as its starting to get dark a bit later and all :whistling:

Hi,

I would love to join on Thursday but aswell on my home home from work just after 5. 5:30 would be awesome.= )

I am flexible. I live where the ride starts, so if there are enough takers for a 5:30pm start, then we go. Happy to go next week.

We should make a plan some time! We mostly ride around Durbanville, Stellenbosch, etc, so I'm not too familiar with where you ride. Will be cool to explore some new tracks :thumbup:

I'm very flexible regarding hours, so if we can get a couple guys together for next weekend maybe, we should talk.

I also only leave work at 5, so if we can do a 5:30 every now and then I'll probably be able to join in the week, seeing as its starting to get dark a bit later and all :whistling:

I was doing a night ride on Thursday's but attendance was slack ,so if nobody pitched It was me and my light. Wasn't that desperate to ride at night ,so I moved it to a daytime ride.

If there is enough interest , we can do a night ride once a month too. That gives everyone enough time to get from work and as it gets lighter, the night ride becomes a day ride anyway.

Night ride sounds awesome, and once a month seems like a good idea. Should at least create a good turn out.

Keep me posted!

hey kandui,

we ride on tueday's and thursday's from top of molteno @ 17h00 however, i do also end up being solo every now and then so maybe we can try to hook up.

what route do you take on the mountain? i can then ride towards you and join your group?

Edited by smerds

Hi Smerds

I head towards Upper Orange then left above Homestead Park (is it Belmont?) and right up towards the Bengis Field. I use the single track to get to Deer Park and then head towards the Blockhouse and back via Tafelberg Road. Just past Plattekloof I turn right at the boom and along the Jeep Tracks up to the first hairpin turn on Tafelberg Road. Up Signal Hill Rd and then turn left at the ........... and to the first parking area. From there down the Jeep track towards the Bo Kaap and out at Poyser Rd. Back home through Tamboerskloof.

I hope that makes sense?

We could meet at the top reservoir, cnr Molteno or at Carluccis.

makes sense and can tack you in my mind .......

will see how it goes. looks like it is clearing so might be in luck for a ride tonight.

we do loop heading towards blockhouse and then tafelberg road and then back on dirt at 2nd hairpin, some guys also do the uct loop for a longer ride.

Thursday ride will be moved forward to today due to the rest of the week looking pretty shite as far as the weather is concerned.

I'm going out at around 4:45pm to give my Jet 9 a run again. Anybody keen drop me an sms on 083 6319796

Weather looks good for tomorrow! Keen to join if you heading out and dont mind the slow