Spez or Ktm?

Cippo

Looking at getting a new bike and have narrowed it down to Spez Roubaix SL3 or KTM Revelator. I need a frame with close to a 17cm head tube and not more than a 55.5cm top tube and these two are the better options in terms of cost and quality. I dont know much besides reviews on the net. Unfortunately the Tarmac, Evo and TCR have the wrong dimensions? The Spez gives me the option to customize with components whereas the KTM only comes complete with Dura Ace or Ultegra. Has anyone had any bad experinces with the Spes's Zerts inserts.

Any advice, thoughts or experiences would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

zerts make it comfy, yet still very responsive frame, wont go wrong there. tarmac is a better frame though, ive got both.

zerts make it comfy, yet still very responsive frame, wont go wrong there. tarmac is a better frame though, ive got both.

Thanks @antonj. Would have loved the Tarmac but head tube too short. Would need more spacers and the size that does have a17cm HT has too long a top tube.

the difference between head tube length on the Tarmac and the Roubaix is only 1.5 - 2cm depending on which size frame you are going to get. If the Tarmac is the bike you want then surely such a small amount can be overcome by using an angled stem and spacers?

I have both a Tarmac and a Roubaix and I've got them setup so my drop from seat to bars is identical.

In any event the Roubaix is a fantastic bike, very comfy and yet responsive at the same time. I've never seen or heard of anyone have issues with the zerts.

As it is on my Scott with a 17cm head tube I have been setup comfortably and there too my liking already too many spacers and I eally dont like the angled stem. I like the Roubaix and would like to know if anyone has had any breaks with Zerts as a factory fault.

I like the KTM pity its only available as a complete bike. Would like the option to put SRAM or Campy on. Have read only good things thus far.