What resistance trainer to buy?

Gumpie

I am finding that i am not getting enough training in at the moment due to not enough daylight hours.

So i am wanting to get a indoor resistance training.

So any recommendations on what to get and what's the best place to get them?

Depends on budget.

For a basic A frame type trainer I would suggest a fluid combined with magnetic resistence system that has a synthetic type (non metalic) wheel roller surface and if possible a display that includes power output.

The power indicator is a good reference for effort level while on the IDT and improves the training effect when used with a HR monitor.

The non metalic roller surface is quiter, shouldn't slip on your tyre and is supposedly more durable wrt to tyre wear.

I laaik the Elite Hydromag digital http://www.elite-it.com/hydromag-digital/

Taax also make some good IDT's

Sorry cant help with thebest place to buy in SA

If you want to keep it as realistic as possible, aswell as practice good ballance etc, get yourself a set of rollers. Tacx make some available on CRC. You have to concentrate throughout your workout, or you will be on your ass with a tire burn on the carpet. much more interesting than a fixed indoor trainer that bores you to death and hurts your bum.

together with a good floor fan, and a good cycling video on the tele, and your set for a near as real workout in the comfort of your living room.

If you want to keep it as realistic as possible, aswell as practice good ballance etc, get yourself a set of rollers. Tacx make some available on CRC. You have to concentrate throughout your workout, or you will be on your ass with a tire burn on the carpet. much more interesting than a fixed indoor trainer that bores you to death and hurts your bum.

together with a good floor fan, and a good cycling video on the tele, and your set for a near as real workout in the comfort of your living room.

+1

I need to get a new set of rollers. But I'm glad I got an Elite a-frame at the moment because I can't ride with wrist in cast.