Roped into 55km 94.7

The Ghost

As a newbie I have also entered this one, but have no road experience....did my first mtb ride yesterday and doing another this coming weekend, but i need to get on the road too.....mmmmm fun times..... :thumbup:

Little secret Richard.......Solomons do a bike fit for FREE. Yup for mahala money. Dont know why or if there's a catch but give them a call and see. It may not be the most technical or sophisticated fitting but I think they will be able to get the basics into line.... :thumbup:

They did not ask if i wanted one, i stood in the shop and adjusted the fitting myself while they stood and watched including fitting the pedals, they did however loan me their tools to do it. Most bike shops also advise that the first service is free (minor service), this was also not offered but no biggie as i do minor services myself.

Edited by scotty

Morning guys... I just wanted to ask how your guy's training was coming along for this? I'm needing to perhaps find a group to keep me motivated and going to do some decent races. Not waning a podium or anything, just simple need to finish.

Last weekend I got my first 35km ride (fairly easy terrain) in, it was a struggle but I got there in 2h38.

Doing that route again on Sat.

Will do 35km another 2 or 3 rides and then move to 40 or 45km after that; depending on how the body feels.

Will throw in 16km rides on Wednesday evenings and a 10km speed ride once a month.

As a newbie I have also entered this one, but have no road experience....did my first mtb ride yesterday and doing another this coming weekend, but i need to get on the road too.....mmmmm fun times..... :thumbup:

if you can do 30-40km offroad then 55km on the road will be a breeze :)

Of course Im referring to the 55km MTB ride.

Is there also a 55km road ride?

Of course Im referring to the 55km MTB ride.

Is there also a 55km road ride?

oh hahah, sorry yes, there's a 'half' 94.7 road race too this year

Richard, where do you ride 16km on a Wednesday evening? I do a 10km loop in our complex :whistling: twice a week. Average 21km/h but it's basicaly on paving all the way...but still gets the legs turning. I might be at NF on Saturday, but with my son so only looking at doing the 1 loop, around 13km. Or if JMBC decide to have a slower ride in Heidelburg I will be there on Sunday. 46km I think..... :eek:

I thought the 94,7 had a 40km relay type race for the not-so-fit, all onroad. Then the big road race (94,7km) and then the two MTB rides, 35km and 55km.?? is the relay race the 1/2 race being refered to here? Maybe I'll just do that one aswell....with road tyres tho. :thumbup:

Im doing it in an enclosed suburb in fourways, its also all tar but as you say it keeps the legs turning.