Pretoria Critical Mass ride - Friday 28th of March

Q_here

We don't have a beer stop on route but the beers will be ready when you finish!(we start and finish at a restaurant)

The route is shorted then the previous ride, we thought of having a mid ride stop but keeping the group together might become a bit of a issue! so we ride and then we drink! :thumbup:

Sounds good to me!! Less chance of getting injured trying to cycle after a few! :ph34r:

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shite! Judging from the pics, I see everyone got lights on their bikes. Is this compulsory?

Not going to fork out another few hundred just for a ride :huh:

It is a fairly big group with guys on bikes as marshals... SO if you stay in the group, you will be more than ok! + There is street lights... :thumbup:

Oooh. That's not good! It was one of the draw cards! Sorry folks, gonna give it a skip and try hit jhb then.

Ah bummer!

It is a fairly big group with guys on bikes as marshals... SO if you stay in the group, you will be more than ok! + There is street lights... :thumbup:

By guys on bikes, do you mean bicycles or motorbikes?

The 4-5 abreast of the last ride was not making us too many friends among the motorists on the night, any ideas how to avoid this problem going forward?

The 4-5 abreast of the last ride was not making us too many friends among the motorists on the night, any ideas how to avoid this problem going forward?

We will ride 3 abreast... heheheh :blush: (that’s me laughing at my own joke)

There will be spots where we have more road and others were we will have to fit in what we have.

Remember that the CM ride is just that we take over the road to a certain extent.(you are responsible for your own safety though)

The other idea is to entice the motorist to the point of inquisitiveness rather than irritate them!

(if that makes sense? :huh:)

We will ride 3 abreast... heheheh :blush: (that’s me laughing at my own joke) There will be spots where we have more road and others were we will have to fit in what we have. Remember that the CM ride is just that we take over the road to a certain extent.(you are responsible for your own safety though) The other idea is to entice the motorist to the point of inquisitiveness rather than irritate them! (if that makes sense? :huh:)

oh, and this time we don't have to leave a gap for the motorized marshals. there will be no motorbikes this time...

By guys on bikes, do you mean bicycles or motorbikes?

bicycles. we're going traditional for this one :)

bicycles. we're going traditional for this one :)

Let us know how that works out. The route is going to have to be significantly different from the last one or you guys should make sure you have enough body bags.

What seems like like a cool route when 4/5 people are riding can turn into an unmitigated disaster when 70-100 people of varying abilities are involved

Let us know how that works out. The route is going to have to be significantly different from the last one or you guys should make sure you have enough body bags.

What seems like like a cool route when 4/5 people are riding can turn into an unmitigated disaster when 70-100 people of varying abilities are involved

Come join us, we have a different route for this one!!

Will buy you a beer after!

Come join us, we have a different route for this one!!

Will buy you a beer after!

Post the route, enjoyed the last one with my bike lit up like a christmas tree.

Hey Wolverine, Working on the route... PM me your email, then I'll share as soon as it is finalized...

R!

Looking forward to seeing you there. Your bike looked awesome!

Archived