Shifters...

M L

As most of you I HATE it when a bike's shifting isn't spot on. My friend bought a bike with x7 grupo, when you loosen and tighten the rear skewer the rear triangle bends outward and inward a bit, his shifting is ok but I feel it should be better, my x7 shifters are better than his.

So my question, is his shifting due to the triangle bending inward a bit when closed or is x7 shifters just not as good as I think they are.

Also how do x7 compare to x9 and x0, and even shimano's xt and xtr?

I have switched from shimano to sram, more specifically deore to x7 and it is better, and in my opinion can be compared to the shifting of slx shifters.

So since he has saved cash on a good value for money grupo, would it be worth upgrading to x9 or x0 shifters? Me and him are in almost the same boat so we could both buy off CRC.

Thoughts?

The most expensive shifters will not work properly if the gears havn't been set, the way they should be. Your LBS will take 5 minutes to do it for you. The frame will move a few mm's when you tighten the scewer, that's normal. Just get your gears set-up.

What bike is this? Frame flexing so much it throws the indexing out on the gears???

Cheap brand if you ask me.

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis

....no shame won't mention that. Well, in my opinion it flexes too much (don't know if it affects the gears). Maybe the bike shop is the option.

Any comment on x7 vs x9 vs x0?

Have tested my dad's xt setup and man they shift smooth. He has had them on without a service for almost a year now and they are still silky smooth.